SineCide or No One Believes Me But The Police Are Chasing A Wrong Man (2018)
A FILM BY ATA MOJABI
Is an experimental journey to Psycho (1960) created by Ata Mojabi.
- Runtimes: 7 min 50 second
- Color(s): Colors
- Sound: Stereo
- Country (ies) of production: Iran
- Original Language(s): Persian & English
- Format(s) available: ProRes
ARTISTIC & TECHNICAL CREW:
- By: Ata Mojabi
- Cast: Janet Leigh & Anthony Perkins
- one of the funny experiences than Cinephiles experience is to rewind the film. This is when the cinephile intends to see a scene again. While keeping the scene he wants in his mind, he looks at the scenes he has crossed, it is a kind of superimpose in mind that he/she does with his/her mind. The original idea of “SineCide or No One Believes Me but The Police Are Chasing the Wrong Man” was about its “from”, and it was inspired by Psycho’s final shot, where “the boy’s and mother’s face” become “Super Impose”.The theme and a kind of the tale of my film, taken from the dominant theme of Hitchcock’s works. This theme, expressed in a beautiful dialogue that main character of “To catch a thief” says it:No One Believes Me but The Police Are Chasing the Wrong ManThis is right that Carry Grant says these words, but I believe this dialogue expresses the perspective of Hitchcock main characters in most of his works, and that’s why it has become a sound motif in my film and of course, part of the film’s name. Hope you enjoy it, Ata Mojabi
BIOGRAPHY OF DIRECTOR:
- Ata Mojabi’s main curiosity in life has always been cinema. Maybe because he grew up in a house that was in front of a cinema theater. Born in Iran (1982) in a country in which the religion and government have always considered the arts and cinema as an opponent. After the 1980s, many cinema theaters became abandoned. Fortunately, Ata’s family was sort of a cinephile and his father had a small archive of classic movies. Years later, when Ata started to study Master of Arts on Dramatic Literature at Tehran Azad University, he used his opportunity to work with some theatrical groups and write some plays for them. He also teaches filmmaking, scriptwriting, and film directing at the University and at Iranian Youth Cinema Society (IYCS). Ata collaborated in several feature films as a scriptwriter and assistant director.
He also directed and produced nine short films. He is a member of Khaneh Cinema since 2012.
- Festival Distributor: FiDAN films
FESTIVAL(S) & AWARD(S):
- Seattle International Film Festival | Short Film Competition